After almost eight years of existence and in order to better fulfill its mission, the Portuguese Network –ProCura – has become, in the end of 2009, a non-profit association under the new name, The Portuguese Association of Proteomics- REDE PROCURA.
The main mission of REDE PROCURA is to promote the integration of broad range of expertise and facilities among Portuguese research institutions and universities for the development of Proteomics in our country.
ProCura is interested in:
• Developing a multidisciplinary Portuguese network of excellence in proteomics studies focused on the identification of human target proteins as diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic tools, as well as, on the proteome characterization of relevant microorganisms and plants to human health or human environment.
• Encouraging interactions among Portuguese institutions and universities, and perhaps industry, to facilitate the transfer of expertise and technologies.
• Contributing to the dissemination of updated information on new technologies, quickly and effectively as possible among the laboratory members.
• Promoting advanced training in Proteomics to improve the technical level of the new generation of Portuguese researchers of the post-genome era.
• Actively enhancing national and international collaborations in the network, namely with EuPA and HUPO to increase the exchange of useful methodologies and resources for the development of Proteomics field.